About The BookLast modified: March 4, 2013
The Overland Track: Cradle Mountain to Lake St Clair
A complete guide to walking, flora, fauna and history
9781742035116, $19.99, published by Red Dog Books, 280 grams
Tasmania’s Overland Track is Australia’s most famous multi-day hike. Over 8000 hikers complete the 5-9 day hike each year as they follow the 79km track from Cradle Mountain to Lake St Clair. The track encompasses some of Australia’s most spectacular scenery including glacier-carved valleys, buttongrass moorlands, ancient rainforests, peaceful lakes and thundering waterfalls – all teeming with plants and animals found nowhere else on earth.
The Overland Track is a compact, full-colour, lightweight guidebook providing comprehensive information to plan and enjoy your walk, including:
- great maps, including a tear-out, waterproof 368mm x 512mm overview map
- detailed transport information on getting to and from the track
- facilities and accommodation options on and near the track (including Cradle Valley and Cynthia Bay)
- the track’s history and geology
- detailed, easy-to-use track notes with accurate distances
- photos and descriptions of 63 common plants
- photos and descriptions of the track’s animals, including 23 birds, 3 snakes and 12 mammals
Contact Red Dog Books on 03 9419 9406 or email us at email@example.com. Wholesaler enquiries are welcome.
Available to order at all leading bookstores.